Angelman syndrome


How do I find a center of excellence in Angelman syndrome?

As of February 1, 2016, there are no centers of excellence in Angelman syndrome. However, the Angelman Syndrome Foundation has worked with specialists in Angelman syndrome to establish specialty clinics at locations in the United States so that many families with Angelman syndrome will have to travel no more than 4 hours to see a team of experts who treat Angelman syndrome. As of February 1, 2016, clinics are located at:

The Autism Syndrome Foundation has requested proposals to establish multi-specialty Angelman syndrome clinics in several cities. For more information, you can go to:

Show More Content Like This

More Healthcare/Doctors Content

What specialist doctors should someone with Angelman syndrome see?

What specialist doctors should someone with Angelman syndrome see?

Individuals with Angelman syndrome are typically seen by several different specialists, including:

  • Clinical geneticist: to evaluate, diagnose and help manage the diagnostic process
  • Neurologist: to monitor and treat movement or balance disorders and seizures
  • Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrician: to monitor and treat developmental and behavioral issues
  • Sleep specialist: to monitor and treat sleep disturbances

Many Angelman Syndrome specialty clinics also work with psychiatrists, psychologiests, speech/language pathologists, genetic counselors, social workers and nutritionists, to help maximize total health and well-being.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Continue Find out more about our use of cookies and similar technology

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Remember Me